Re-Opening Plans & Covid-19 Safety
We are following government guidelines and continue with Covid-secure procedures as devised by UK Active – the main industry body – to make sure our business can operate safely. Below you can find a breakdown of all the measures we have put in place to reassure our members and to give them the confidence to return to training with us.
We have re-arranged our equipment and created individual workout areas to adhere to social distancing rules.
Open Gym will only be available on a reduced timetable and will require pre-booking. Social distancing and cleaning protocols will still apply.
While changing rooms and showers will be available, we ask all members to come to the gym already in workout’s outfit and shower at home where possible as advised by government guidelines.
Guidelines will be regularly reviewed and updated as advised by the government and industry bodies.
General Covid-19 Rules
- Do not come to the gym if you are unwell or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 including but not limited to coughing, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
- Do not come to the gym if you have been in contact with someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or you have been told to self-isolate.
- Keep 2m distance from coaches and other members. No hand shakes, high fives, fist bumps etc.
- No sharing of equipment at any time.
- Only come to the gym if you are booked in. No walk-ins will be accepted, not even from members.
- Please do not arrive at the gym more than 5min before the start of your session.
- Always wash your hands as soon as you get to the gym.
- As per government guidelines, please arrive at the gym wearing your workout kit and travel home to change and shower.
P10 Fitness Covid Procedures
To make sure our gym remains a safe place for all our members and staff, we require all members and visitors to adhere to the procedures highlighted below:
ENTERING & LEAVING THE GYM
- Please queue outside when arriving at the gym, keeping on the left and maintaining 2m apart as per the one-way marks on the floor.
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter the gym using the sanitising station next to the entrance or wash your hands as you approach the downstairs bathroom.
- Do not use the check-in computer, coaches will check in members on their phones.
- Please wait at the track for your coach to direct you to a workout station. We ask you to avoid bringing bags with you; if you have any bags, please carry them with you in the assigned workout station; your coach will direct you to storage spaces once the previous class has left the gym.
- Leaving the gym: after your workout has ended and you cleaned your equipment, your coach will direct you on the one-way system along the track. You will be able to pick up your bags and leave the gym staying walking on the left.
- The gym doors will be open between classes to improve ventilation and minimise surfaces contact; doors will be locked during classes to avoid walk-ins.
- If you need to dispose of PPE, please use only the big marked as PPE disposal at the entrance.
- Only use the changing rooms if completely necessary.
- To maintain social distancing only 2 people will be allowed in the women's changing rooms at any one time and 1 person in the men's. Please be considerate of usage time.
- Showers will be in use but please only use them if completely necessary.
- Please wash your hands before and after storage space use and spray and wipe the shelf used.
- If you are using the hair dryers or hair straightener please sanitise the handles after your use. Only use this equipment if completely necessary.
- Please wait at the track along the marks for your coach to direct you to a workout area. Keep 2m distance at all times; no contact is allowed between members or with staff.
- Please only arrive 5min before your session and leave promptly at the end of the session after cleaning your station as directed by your coach along with the one-way system.
- Classes will be capped at 14 people, each person will be assigned to a 2x2.5m box with dedicated equipment.
- Cardio machines will be marked by numbers, your coach will assign you to a machine and you must return to the same one through the workout.
- Members should train back-to-back or side-to-side (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Please clean and sanitise your equipment and the floor properly after the class. There will be a 15 minutes transition between classes to allow for cleaning and safe entering/leaving of premises minimising contact.
- While we refine procedures, we ask to please avoid remaining at the gym once your class is finished to avoid congestion in any one area; please always keep 2 meters apart and disinfect anything that is touched.
- Chalk will not be provided; you will be able to purchase a personal block at the gym or bring your own.
- Doors will be open between each session to improve ventilation
- A deep clean will be performed before re-opening and on a weekly basis.
- All communal areas such as doors' handles, desks, storage, and changing room facilities will be disinfected before and after each class by members of staff.
- Members will be responsible for cleaning their equipment after use. Coaches will also be disinfecting equipment throughout the day.
We are committed to making P10 Fitness a safe space while maintaining our coaching standard and our tight community. Should you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected]s.
Thank you to all members for your continued support!